Fundraising & Volunteers
Wharf to Waves
Wharf to Waves is our annual fundraiser, run in collaboration with Tathra Surf Lifesaving Club. Each year around 150-200 dedicated volunteers from the Preschool, surf club and community make this event possible. The level of community spirit which surrounds our preschool and this community event is impressive.
Each year, competitors participate in the Beach Fun Run, the Bega to Tathra Bike Bash and the Wharf to Waves ocean swim.
Please get your form in or sign up on the roster at the Preschool or surf club. We hope that we can get most families to donate 2 to 3 hours on the Saturday and/ or Sunday. Many hands make light work and its lots of fun.
Funds from Wharf to Waves are always used for capital improvements and ensure a strong, solid and quality Preschool building and grounds into the future. Over recent years Wharf to Waves funds have contributed to the following capital works projects at our Preschool :-
- Replacement and extension of the leaky and very tiny verandah;
- Landscaping to create a safe path to the outdoor shed;
- Extensions to the building to increase play and provide a staff and office space;
- Installation of a digging pit in the outdoor playground for mud play;
- Landscaping of the tyre hill to provide a sensory garden and play space;
- Creation of shrub tunnel gardens for children’s play;
- Replacement of hazardous pavers with a new concrete path;
- Connection of the sandpit taps to rain water tanks, ensuring sustainable use of water and to help children become aware of water conservation.
We would like to especially thank local business who generously donate and contribute to this event.